MALE PERSPECTIVE By Mitchell Odhiambo
ON LOOKING FOR THE IDEAL LIFE LONG PARTNER
What do you look for in an ideal partner?
While the reasons we love remain a mystery, what we look for in our partners could remain far elusive. The heart wants what it wants & where the heart goes, there the body will follow.
I have outlined a number of traits I have been attracted to, which I consider ideal in a lifelong partner.
- Someone that completes you – When searching for a woman, it is important to get oneself a woman who can nurture your vision, magnify your strengths and cover up your weaknesses. Someone that resonates with your inner man , ideally she that pulls the strings to your heart.
- Openness – Vulnerability is the price we have to pay for deep fellowship and I am attracted to someone who is open, emotionally generous, psychologically and physically mature and someone who is ready to engage. Not defensive but ready to communicate, willing to share ideas.
- Reliability –There are two currencies I value in a relationship ie trust and value, integrity and utmost honesty. I need someone I can trust when I am away or having left them with a responsibility, it shall be done. This I believe can give a man long life.
- Humour – A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance. To love someone with a good sense of humour is the ideal thing that could happen in a man’s life. You need someone with whom you can laugh about everything. This brings joy to the heart, life to the bones and happiness to the family.
- Maturity – When you ask a woman out and she comes along with a bunch of friends, boy you need to think again, I doubt she is ready for a life long commitment. It is important to get a partner who has mastery over her past insecurities and is ready to build a future together with you.
If you have extra suggestions, feel free to pin them down on the comment box.
Until we meet again. Welcome to a man’s world. From Mitchell Odhiambo. To get a female perspective on this, please see the post by my colleague Daisy Shamiah – http://goo.gl/U7QfLO