AfricaTalentbank.com (ATB) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By ‘your information’ we mean any information about you which you or third parties provide to us.
Our Privacy Principles, set out below, explain how your information will be treated by ATB.
ATB’s Privacy Principles:
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so; and
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to inform you about what information about you we will collect and how we will use it
- If we have collected information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and where relevant your permission obtained. We may however need to disclose your information if required to do so by law.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we’re collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles.
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries.
- By providing us with your personal data you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
- You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area, which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will take appropriate measure to protect your information.
- We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. If we do so, we will post notice of the change on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted such change.
What are cookies?
your computer or other mobile or handheld device (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) as you browse this website. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses this website. The cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website and to enable to you shop with us online. Cookies are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to our customers, both on this website and elsewhere.
Who sets the cookies
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by AfricaTalentbank.com, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
2. Cookies will also be used to drive AfricaTalentbank.com marketing, particularly banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable AfricaTalentbank.com to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. In future, cookies will also enable AfricaTalentbank.com to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.