More and more companies are now using telephone interviews in the early stages of the recruitment process as a sifting tool. Below are some quick but useful tips:
- Your spoken English should therefore be of a high standard and clear and you must also treat this as a proper interview (which it is). Ensure you are in a quiet location where you won’t be interrupted.
- Also make sure you have your CV in front of you.
- Make notes during the interview
- Ensure you have done your research on the company in including their media/press release portal (if they have one).
- Listen to the questions carefully – don’t jump in to speak before the interviewer has finished his/her question(s).
- Avoid gesturing and moving around too much during your phone interview as this will affect your voice.
- Finally, smile while you speak on the phone; it adds warmth to your voice – although the interviewer may not be able to see you, it does come through.
USEFUL LINK – Video Interview Tips