I like to use the internet to search for useful information. These searches are often of benefit to me and I would love to share one courtesy of Goalcast.
The excerpts below are from a speech made by Arnold Schwarzenegger, a former Mr Universe, Film star and USA Governor. He was giving his five secrets to success and I share them briefly:
- FIND YOUR VISION AND FOLLOW IT: You cannot expect to be successful in life if you have nothing to guide you. Your vision acts as your guide light and it helps you chart your course in life. Having a vision is not enough. You need to work towards its fulfilment.
- NEVER THINK SMALL. THINK BIG: The mind is created in such a way that it looks for solutions depending on the information we feed it and our confidence in its ability. If you instruct it to come up with a small plan, it will do exactly that. If you instruct it to come up with something big, it will do exactly that. Thinking is free so why not do it big.
- IGNORE THE NAYSAYERS: We always have people in our lives who are so pessimistic, people who don’t believe that we are capable of achieving or doing big exploits. They always have a reason as to why something cannot work. Just ignore these people and follow your dream.
- WORK YOUR SOCKS (edited for moral purposes) OFF. Working hard is never an option; it is the only thing. If you want to be successful in life, you have to put in the hours, the muscles and the mind to work. Laziness and success are incompatible.
- DON’T JUST TAKE, GIVE SOMETHING BACK: We were born and brought up in a capitalistic society where it is every body for him|herself (me, myself and I). Giving is like a Master key that opens all doors. Give not because you have but because it is the right thing to do. I hope each of us have gained something from reading the above. To read more posts by Mwangi, click HERE
Photo Credit: barbend.com