NOTE: This list will be updated from time to time and we will notify you via our ATBChat app. Click HERE to download ATBChat
- USA SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program operates in more than 155 countries worldwide. Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year. Click HERE to learn more.
- The Humphrey Program brings young and mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts. Click Here to access website
- Harvard University Scholarships – Harvard offers a good range of international scholarships for students from all over the globe. However, competition is fierce. Click HERE to review
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the US leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported. Click HERE to find out more
- Aga Khan Foundation – Scholarships for postgraduate international students hailing from countries in Africa. Click HERE to learn more
- 2016 AU Emerging Global Leadership Scholarship – The American University Washington (AU) Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of AU — academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement — the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. Click HERE to find out more.
- SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDY IN THE UK
- Oxford University – Fees, Funding & Scholarship Search. Click HERE for details
- London School of Economics – The Beacon Scholarship provides access to the highest quality education for especially gifted Kenyan children, who in the future will have the confidence and ability to become leaders in their chosen fields in their own country. Click HERE to learn more
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation – The Ibrahim Scholarships support aspiring African leaders at a number of distinguished academic institutions. The scholarships develop the talent of outstanding young Africans in selected disciplines. Click HERE to learn more.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth. Click HERE to read more
- Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. Click HERE to find out more.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships – Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. Click HERE to read more
- Euraxess UK – Euraxess provides links and information on potential funding sources so that you can discover research opportunities on an international level. Click HERE to access their search tool
- Chevening Awards – 2018 (If you are interested in applying for a 2018/2019, Chevening Scholarship, applications open in August 2017). Click HERE to read more
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION & EACEA – Joint Master Degrees that will be offering EU-funded scholarships for courses taking place in the academic year 2016-2017. This is an initiative by the European Commission to provide funding for students all over the world to study in Europe at selected universities. Most consortia will require applications to be submitted between October and January, for course starting the following academic year. Click HERE to review scholarship opportunities. Click HERE for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship details.
- SCHOLARSHIPS FOR GERMANY – Government Funded Scholarships – DAAD Scholarships – The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers many scholarships for international students to study in Germany at various degree levels. Click the link to view the DAAD scholarships database. Finding scholarships click HERE Non Government Scholarships to Study in Germany – Click HERE to review.
PLEASE NOTE: The above list is not exhaustive. There are plenty of other organisations that offer scholarships to international students from various countries so take your time and research. Best of luck in your studies!
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Tips on Financing Your Studies in the USA – EducationUSA Interactive (check out this Q&A interactive session)
- Costs to consider for Graduate and Post Graduate courses. Components of costs included:
- Living expenses (room & board, on or off campus)
- Insurance (health insurance)
- Personal & settling in expenses
- What part of the USA since costs can vary greatly
- Weather can affect expenses if you come from warmer country
- Expenses for family
- Family Housing CLICK HERE to view this live chat session
- EDUPASS – The SmartStudent Guide to Studying in the USA CLICK HERE to read more
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- Aga Khan Foundation
- Oxford University
- London School of Economics