WELCOME!!! If this is your first Video Interview don’t be nervous. Just follow the tips below.
NOTE – Recording will be a matter of simply pressing Start & then Stop. There will be some instructions at the beginning and you will be given the chance to practice.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS – will be similar to Skype
- Internet Access
- Headset or microphone & ear phones
- Adobe Flash Player – We recommend using the Google Chrome browser as this browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.
- Please also switch off other applications including Skype otherwise this could slow down your video recording.
VIDEO INTERVIEW TIPS:
- LOOK PROFESSIONAL – You will be on camera so dress in a smart shirt, blouse etc as you would dress to attend a face to face interview. Managers won’t be able to see yr trousers/skirt on video so don’t worry about this.
- Make sure you have no heavy jewellery or bright nail polish and that you are not sweating.
- Plse do not chew gum.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Speak clearly and to the point i.e. plse don’t mumble
- Please read the questions properly and when you press record, look at the webcam and not the computer screen when you answer questions.
- Plse preview yr videos to ensure the sound has recorded. Also ask yourself, would you hire this candidate based on the response you have given?
- CONFIDENCE – The video interview concept will be new to a lot of HR managers so impress them by coming across as confident both as a person and with the technology at hand.
- SMILE – Don’t forget to smile! You’re on camera!
- TECHNICAL ISSUES – Please switch off applications you are not using especially Skype as these take a lot of bandwidth and may affect video sound quality. Only have this video interview open if possible. Try and make sure that there is also not too much background noise.
- ANSWERING QUESTIONS – Last, but not least, where ever possible when answering questions, always connect your ability/skills/experience etc to the employer’s requirements i.e. what they are looking for in the role you are applying for. This assists them in picturing you as a member of their organisation.
- TIME LIMIT – Please do not exceed the suggested Time Limit.
- SHORT VIDEO ON HOW TO USE THE VIDEO SYSTEM – Feel free to view a 3 mins video tutorial http://atbwebinar.enterthemeeting.com/e/mtg?Z5ZOVL
- LIST OF CYBER CAFES – https://www.africatalentbank.com/beta/cyber-cafes-nairobi/
PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR EMAIL FOR LINK TO COMMENCE YOUR VIDEO INTERVIEW. GOOD LUCK!